Monday, April 17, 2006

Hell days - 1 of 2 down

Two tests out of the way, one more to go, and Juries in the afternoon.

So get this. There was a take home portion of the orchestration test that i didn't know about since I was at a doctor appt on the last day of class. So I found out about this 8 bar excerpt I was meant to have arranged for full orchestra by that class, when i walked in. And so I slightly shat my pants. Luckily, he let me write it during the final... luckily... hmm... So basically I had 2.5 hours to write the entire regular test, which is no mean feat, and I'm sure I did terrible on it, and Then I had to arrange this whole excerpt, by hand. What a gong show... god I hope I passed that class. So all of today has been doing that, and then studying like mad for the history test which is at 8 am tomorrow... thats right, 0800 hours. Whoever arranged that can suck my balls. That is going to be one hell of a long 2 hours.

Finally after all that junk, I get to do what I'm really in school for, which is to play my instrument. I get to perform in an extremely high pressure situation for my final mark relating to performance for this year.... and then go home. And then go out to Sals and get drunk. And oh such drunkenness there will be.

Today and tomorrow are my demons, and by 2 o clock, I may actually fly to pieces as all the pressure is lifted off me, and there is nothing to actually hold me together. A lot of people have said, and I find this more and more true that the end of second year is a time to just get over with. This last semester has felt like running a fucking gauntlet, and now I can see the end... please don't let me falter before I escape...

1 Comments:

Blogger rebelbarbie said...

you can do it, governor! kick some ass! woo! yeah!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home