Saturday, September 02, 2006

What the fuck is it about Lost in Translation.

I sit online.

I finish a couple bottles of quite nice wine.

I talk to my best friend on MSN.

I decide at 2 in the morning that its a good idea to put in Lost in Translation.

This is almost never a good idea. I don't know if its a kind of quiet desperation that overtakes me with watching this movie, but it makes me think about how sad and pathetic I am.

I mean, the whole premise is that they're both sad and pathetic and meeting up in a foreign country, presumably so that they both don't kill themselves, as the real tangible sexual tension is next to nothing. However...

There is an unbelievable connection.

I've rambled about this movie before... its so beautiful, and not only because i have a crazy crush on scarlett johansenn. She is amazing, but she doeesn't make the movie, and i realize this now.

The whole movie, the whole concept is incredible and I can't believe that it was made. Furthermore, i can't believe that I sit, drink entire bottles of wine, and watch this movie just to make myself more depressed. I guess this movie in conjunction with the Aristocrats would be the entire hollywood experience of Darryl. If you like both of these movies, you're in.

4 Comments:

Blogger rebelbarbie said...

god, you sound like me when i went through my royal tenenbaums phase and i was convinced i was richie tenenbaum.

i think i was about your age.

pardon me while i take out my teeth - i'm so friggin' old.

have you seen tenenbaums yet? if you haven't, go rent that and drink a bottle of wine.

p.s. cam ditched me on wednesday and doesn't answer when i call him. wtf?

6:55 AM  
Blogger Silk said...

Haven't seen Lost in Translation, and I almost walked out of the Aristocrats - I can only hear the same joke so many times before it just becomes retarded.

Can we still be friends? :p

12:51 PM  
Blogger Darryl said...

Wow... so i guess i had a bit to drink last night. I only had a vague recollection this morning that at one point while i was watching the movie, I thought that I should go do up a post about it, but I didn't think I actually did it....

Yes I've seen the Royal Tenenbaums, and I wasn't that impressed. I know, I know, he's a great director, whatever, I just never really thought the Life Aquatic and Tenenbaums were all that huge, in my meager opinion.

And as for you, kels - you're on thin ice, girly. Thats two strikes against you in one sentence... at least go rent lost in translation at some point.

Hahaha and wow.. i misspelled 'the' in the title of the post... *claps* ok well, at least i can change that.

7:19 PM  
Blogger monkey said...

woot! I like neither!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home